Hardware Systems Engineer
Location: De Lier (near Delft)
Climate for growth
It is Priva's mission to create an optimal environment in which both
plants and people can work, grow and develop. We offer global solutions
for horticulture, building automation and everything in between. We are
leading in the development and production of technology for optimizing
environmental conditions and processes.
Our ambition is to be known as the leading technology and service provider
for sustainable urban deltas. We are proud that our solutions result in a
reduced consumption of natural resources, and contribute to several of
the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), most notably SDG 6 (Clean
Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent
Work and Economic Growth) and SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure).
To fulfill our mission and ambition, we are looking for dedicated colleagues.
Your future ecosystem
Our Product Development department exists of over 120 colleagues,
divided over more than 20 teams. As a Hardware Systems Engineer, you
will be part of our Hardware Team, consisting of 5 people. Within Product
Development, teams work on innovative projects and the development of
existing product lines.
How you add value
As a Hardware Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the technical
success for one or more developments. You are responsible for the overall
system design and the specification of the technical components. You work
in close collaboration with our development partners who work on the detailed
design of the electronics and mechanics. You ensure that the technical
requirements are met by reviewing the designs and testing the prototypes.
Due to your experience with electronics design and development, you can
dive into the details and act as a sparring partner for the hardware engineers
when necessary. You always keep the overview and keep the big picture in
mind. As part of your job, you will work both on completely new developments
as well as redesigns or product updates.
You work closely with a project manager who is responsible for time and
cost and a Product Owner who is responsible for the functional requirements.
You will be part of a team of peers that have a similar role. You also
interact with our inhouse embedded teams and ensure a seamless
integration of the hardware and software.
In this role you will have a lot of contact with other parties and departments.
You therefore enjoy working both independently and in a team. In addition,
with your proactive attitude and communication skills, you can communicate
well with the various stakeholders within and outside Priva. Outside of Priva,
this mainly concerns external partners who are involved in product development.
Who you are
The main thing is that you, as an experienced Hardware Engineer, feel
connected with Priva's mission. You have sufficient in-house knowledge and
can act as a sparring partner for external parties. You are a go-getter,
analytically strong, quality-oriented and communicative.
We also think we are a match if you:
• are a Hardware Systems Engineer or an electronics engineer who is ready
for the next step;
• have at least 5 years experience with electronics design;
• have broad knowledge of hardware techniques, (new) technologies and
product development in the field of (embedded) hardware;
• have good organizational skills, allowing you to easily coordinate various
activities, both internally and with development partners;
• are a proactive team player who is familiar with working in a multidisciplinary
• can communicate well in English with colleagues and external partners.
Good command of the Dutch language is a plus.
• In addition, it is an advantage for us if you have experience with outsourcing processes.
What you get
• A gross salary based on your experience of max € 5.250,- based on
40 hours a week;
• We find a healthy work-life balance important: working flexible hours
combined with 30 vacation days a year and the option to buy more;
• 8% holiday allowance;
• Travel allowance of € 0,19/km with a daily maximum of 150 kilometer.
For your own sustainability:
• Join our collective health insurance;
• Be secured with our pension plan;
• Feel engaged and join our participation plan;
• Keep on learning with your personal education possibilities and budget;
• Be happy and fit by using our healthy cafeteria, our free on-premises
fitness where you can participate in CrossFit, Pilates and Spinning classes
or play table tennis, foosball or air hockey.
More information and / or application?