Vacancy: Hardware Field Application Engineer
Company : AimValley
Location : Hilversum (The Netherlands)
Relevant experience : at least 3 years
AimValley, what we do
With almost 100 colleagues we provide Design Services dedicated to the development
of complex embedded systems for telecom and datacom applications and other high
tech applications. We offer our customers cost-optimal and energy-efficient products
with a very high availability, a long lifetime and the ability to perform in harsh environments.
AimValley has a strong track record in development of such products.
AimValley, organizational culture
At AimValley we have an open and direct culture. We are technology driven.
Developers focus on “getting things done”. We have short lines of communication
and there is ample room for autonomy, driven by professionalism.
Teamwork is key to our success. Teams are grouped around a customer project and
work systematically to provide the required features and the agreed time to market.
We pride ourselves in delivering our projects on time and on budget.
Why work for AimValley as a Hardware Field Application Engineer
• Challenging work in supporting international customers of complex products
• Become part of a small team supporting all of AimValley's customers
• A good Work/Life balance by flexible working hours (between 7 am and 7 pm) and
a possibility to work up to 70% part-time and work remotely (max. 2 days)
• Excellent team spirit in a challenging environment
• Occasional travel to customers (also abroad)
• Opportunity for personal growth in technical and support areas
As Hardware Field Application Engineer (FAE), you will work on:
• Support of customers during
- functional product/network issues
- Hardware evaluation, acceptance testing
- Integration of software or hardware
• Schematic and Layout Design using Altium or Mentor tools
• Board level testing
• Documentation and archiving
• Meetings with customers or suppliers
• Support of sales team during customer meetings
• Technical representative of customer to internal organization
• Redesign of Analog and/or Digital circuits due to malfunctioning or end of life issues
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience as electronics (hardware) design engineer
• Experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role.
• Excellent communication skills and a real trouble shooter
• Knowledge of analog and digital hardware design for embedded applications
• Experience in using tools for schematics design and PCB layout (e.g. Altium, Mentor)
• Organized/Task Driven
• English Literate, willingness to learn Dutch
• Create scripts and VHDL test code
• Customer focused
• Able to balance a lot of different projects and priorities
• Team player mentality
• Great communicator
• Pragmatic attitude
• Quality Conscience
• Can-Do mentality
Nice to have:
• Experience with C/C++, python
• working with electronics and measurement equipment in the lab.
• working in multidisciplinary teams
• Electronic product manufacturing
• Willingness to travel and work occasionally at the customer site.
• Willingness to work outside normal working hours
More information and/or your application