Vacancy: Sofware Engineer
Company: High Voltage Engineering (80 medewerkers)
High Voltage Engineering Europa B.V. is a high-tech company specialized
in the development and manufacturing of custom-build linear DC particle
accelerators for scientific and industrial applications. We are established in
Amersfoort since 1959 and we have approximately 80 employees.
To further strengthen our software department we are looking for an experienced
Together with the interdisciplinary team, you will design and implement
extensions to our accelerator software. This is a multi-tier solution consisting of:
• A control system developed with Python & Qt in which the user interface,
data storage, analysis and automation are implemented.
• A Beckhoff PLC that performs hardware abstraction, machine safety, real-time
processes and automation.
These accelerators are all unique, customized and complex and have a
high grade of automation. Within our informal company the software department
is the one that brings these extreme machines to life. We are controlling the
individual electronic and mechanical parts and integrating them to achieve more
advanced capabilities. You will be involved all the way from the conception of the
system till end of testing. You’re challenge will be to translate the vision on the
system into working high quality software which fit the needs of our customers
worldwide. This is typically done in collaboration with physics, electronics and
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Industrial Automation or
a comparable education
• You have experience with application development in Python with a Object Oriented approch
• You have a good sense of responsibility and have a pro-active attitude
• Preferably experience with Continuous Integration (CI), versie control, automated
testing, code analysis en agile development.
What we offer
• There are lots of opportunities to broaden your knowledge and to take yourself and
the company to a higher level.
• Competitive salary
• 32-40 hour work week
• 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (total of 40)
• Good work-life balance
• Retirement plan
Keywords: Python, Object Oriented Design, PLC (structured text), Beckhoff TwinCAT,
Qt, Automated testing, SOLID, Source Control, CI, Scrum.