Position: RF IC Architect
Company: Bruco IC
Location: Borne or Nijmegen
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the role of RF IC Architect.
You will be part of our RF IC Design team which is responsible for maintaining
and improving Bruco’s RF (IC) design competences. You will participate in and
guide the RF IC design projects, set goals and meet deadlines. As an Architect
you have a strong external focus and a full awareness of competitive edge solutions.
With your experience you are able to develop and teach colleagues.
Bruco Integrated Circuits is a fab-less IC design center, creating ground breaking
solutions for our world leading customers. We are a flexible company with short lines
of communication. Our analogue, RF and mixed-signal application specific integrated
circuits (ASICs) are used in a broad range of applications: communications, MEMS,
automotive and industrial.
We have created ASICs like
• Eight-input phased-array satellite RF front-ends and the accompanying antenna board
• Tile drivers for 11 million MEMS mirrors on a single 4×2cm die
• LED driver ASICs able to dim to very low light levels and which are wirelessly controllable
• Automotive IC’s like body controllers, CAN bus transceivers and alternator voltage regulators
These ASICs are examples of our diverse projects requiring the best of our highly skilled experts;
not only of their technical abilities but also of their flexibility, cooperation and communication.
Our project teams consist of a mix of system, RF, analogue, digital and application engineers.
You will find a high degree of freedom and flexibility within your project team in which everyone
is respected for their skill, work and responsibilities.
• Communication with customers on requirements and application solutions
• Achieve customer acceptance on final chip specification
• Be able to translate and combine customer requirements into design specifications
and design solutions
• Technical ownership for the analog part of the IC (from conceptual work to validation/
• Organize and participate in design reviews
• Review the IC design, evaluation, characterization and test results
• Document all development/design issues, contribute to datasheets, architectural
specifications and development plans
• Perform feasibility studies and analyze new RF design concepts. Contribute to the
company’s product portfolio roadmap
• Compare competitor solutions and propose differentiating concepts/solutions
• Act as a lead engineer in complex projects, schedule and take ownership of tasks
and proactively report progress to project leaders
• Guide junior engineers and subcontractors
Joining our teams means working in a professional work environment. We offer you an
attractive wage package with several extra benefits. In addition we offer you the opportunity
to develop technical skills and learn additional skills on the job. Be part of the next
generation of innovative IC developers and a flexible and pleasant work environment.
You are highly motivated, responsible and a team player. Besides having excellent
problem-solving and analytical skills, you are a self-motivated, efficient professional
and you like to help extending our organization for further growth. You understand
customer, both internal and external, needs and take ownership.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics
• 10+ years of deep working experience in RF IC design
• Full competence in all aspects of RFIC system design
• Detailed know-how of and experience with modelling and running AMS simulations
• A thorough understanding of semiconductor physics and various IC processes
• Team player with strong human relations skills, able to motivate development teams
to deliver best in class quality and go the last mile
• Good communication skills in English.
For more information/application